Summer Science Activity for Children
Curious kids turn into junior scientists with this kindergarten science experiments and beyond. Nature provides numerous learning opportunities and helps children develop an admiration for beauty and life in all its forms. This science activity is perfect for the young scientist to do with simple things.
A packet of yeast
A narrow-necked bottle
How to do:
- Fill the bottle with 20-30 ml of warm water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of yeast and gently swirl the bottle for a few seconds.
- Add 3 teaspoons of sugar and swirl again.
- Place the balloon tip over the neck of the bottle.
- Let the balloon sit in a warm place. The balloon should begin to blow up after 5 minutes.
What just happened? As the yeast absorbs the sugar, it releases carbon dioxide. The gas fills the bottle and then the balloon, thus inflating it.
Let your child try this experiment and make them have fun with science.